History[edit | edit source]
Around 1211, after the Albigensian Crusade, the castle was in the possession of a baron "from the north" (possibly De Lévis). At the start of the 15th century, the castle was altered. In the 16th century, the internal buildings were improved to give more comfort. Large windows and staircase turrets were built. Some arrow slits were modified for firearms. At the end of the 17th century, further architectural alterations were made to improve the residential buildings. Around the 18th century, the castle was abandoned. In 1849, the Château d'Auriac belonged to Monsieur Laffont of Donos. In 1859, he sold the castle to Monsieur Casimir Ducros of Castres.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|This article uses material from Château d'Auriac on Wikipedia, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|