CARTES (Exhibition & Conference)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
CARTES events encompass international and regional trade shows and conferences devoted to smart cards and secure technologies for payment, identification and mobility. It was created in 1985 in Paris.
CARTES Paris[edit | edit source]
CARTES Secure Connexions Event is an international event dedicated to secure solutions for payment, identification and mobility. It brings together about 450 exhibitors, 20,000 visitors and 1600 conference attendees.
It takes place every year at Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center.
Content[edit | edit source]
CARTES Paris combines a trade show, a series of conferences, and the SESAMES Awards competition for innovative projects in the fields of smart cards, digital security, identification, secure transactions and contactless technologies.
The exhibitors present their products and solutions such as:
Products and equipment
- Manufacturing equipment (machines, encryption and secure printing techniques)
- Integrated Circuits
- Electronic components and modules
- Materials and consumables
- Test equipment
- IT security equipment
- Personal secure devices
- Secure infrastructure devices
Trusted services & solutions
- Semiconductor solutions
- OS & applications (cards &terminals)
- Tests solutions and services
- Card manufacturing solutions and services
- IT security services
- Platforms & Managed services
They also present their technical skills during workshops on themes ranging from payment to identification.
The World Card Summit, the opening conference of CARTES, brings together key players of the security industry to share their point of view on the technologies and solutions to come.
The SESAMES Awards competition detects and rewards the most technological innovations of the industry.
Steering committee[edit | edit source]
- Giesecke & Devrient
- HID Global
- NXP Semiconductors
- Oberthur Technologies
- VASCO Data Security International, Inc.
CARTES Asia & CARTES America[edit | edit source]
CARTES Asia and CARTES America are regional business events dedicated to smart cards and secure technologies in the Asian and American market. Each combines a trade show and a series of conferences. These two events are held each year in Hong Kong (CARTES Asia) and Las Vegas (CARTES America).
Asian SESAMES Awards[edit | edit source]
The Asian SESAMES Awards aim to reward innovative technological applications developed for the Asian Pacific market in the field of smart cards, digital security, identification, secure transactions, and contactless technologies. They take place each year during CARTES Asia.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Comexposium Shows/CARTES". http://www.comexposium.com/. External link in
- "national statistics justification office for trade fairs". Office de justification des statistiques.
- "View the presentation of Oyvind Rastad at the World Card Summit (CARTES opening conference) on 6 November 2012" (PDF). http://www.eurosmart.com. External link in
- "Bell ID at CARTES 2012". http://www.bellid.com. 31 October 2012. External link in
- "CARTES Paris/About the show". http://www.cartes.com/. External link in
- "CARTES Asia/eCommerce Asia". http://www.koreaittimes.com. January 5, 2013. External link in
- "CARTES America in Las Vegas". http://www.eubusiness.com. 16 April 2012. External link in
- "Asian SESAMES Awards Launches New Categories to Honour Smart Technology Submission". http://finance.yahoo.com. Nov 26, 2012. External link in
[edit | edit source]
|This article uses material from CARTES (Exhibition & Conference) on Wikipedia, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|