August 2017 Brussels attack
|2017 stabbing of Brussels police officers|
|Date||25 August 2017|
|Target||Brussels police officers|
|Deaths||1 (the attacker)|
Events[edit | edit source]
The attacker, a 30-year-old male Somali immigrant, born in 1987, who authorities say was not known for terrorist activity, was shot and later died of his injuries in a hospital. He arrived in Belgium in 2004 and was granted Belgian nationality in 2015.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- 2017 Buckingham Palace incident, which took place the same day
- Stabbing as a terrorist tactic
- 2016 stabbing of Charleroi police officers
- 2016 stabbing of Brussels police officers
- June 2017 Brussels attack
References[edit | edit source]
- "Belgian soldiers shoot dead knife attacker in Brussels". Reuters. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- Jack Hardy. "Two police injured after knifeman attacks near Buckingham Palace". The Independent. http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/two-police-injured-after-knifeman-attacks-near-buckingham-palace-36070847.html. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Brussels attack: Man shot after stabbing soldier". BBC News. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- Grafton-Green, Patrick (25 August 2017). "Brussels attack: Man 'shouting Allahu Akbar' shot after attacking soldiers with machete". Evening Standard. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/machetewielding-man-shot-dead-after-attacking-soldiers-in-brussels-a3620601.html. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- Kentish, Ben (25 August 2017). "Brussels machete attack suspect 'still alive' after being shot while stabbing soldiers". The Independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-shot-dead-brussels-attack-machete-soldiers-a7913601.html. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Man, 30, shot in Brussels after knife attack on two soldiers". Reuters. Guardian. 25 August 2017. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/25/man-shot-in-brussels-after-knife-attack-on-soldiers-reports. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Belgian of Somali origin staged Brussels knife attack: prosecutors". Yahoo News. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- STEVEN ERLANGER; MILAN SCHREUER. "Belgian Soldiers Kill Knife-Wielding Man in Brussels". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/world/europe/brussels-knife-attack-soldiers-buckingham-palace-police.html. Retrieved 26 August 2017. "Both London and Brussels have been on edge after terrorist assaults in both cities."
- Islamic State claims Brussels knife attack on soldiers, 27 Aug 2017
- New Tactics to Protect Soldiers on Belgian Streets, Euro News, 29 Aug 2017
- 'Uniforms a target' Belgian General says after Brussels stabbing, Reuters, 29 August 2017
|This article uses material from August 2017 Brussels attack on Wikipedia, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|