Amanda Akuokor Clinton
Amanda Akuokor Clinton is the founder of Clinton Consultancy and an international Lawyer who works throughout Africa on bespoke projects. She specializes in corporate law and crisis management. She is known for representing different international corporate clients in Ghana who invested in Menzgold Ghana Limited, TCL Ghana Limited and Gold Coast Securities Limited. She also represented the Ghana Football Association as they made formal responses to the government of Ghana and FIFA. She is the first female presidential aspirant of the Ghana Football Association. She is a Ghanaian-British national that was born in Sierra-Leone and lives in both the United Kingdom and Ghana.
Education[edit | edit source]
Career[edit | edit source]
Amanda Clinton is a market entry and litigation expert who specializes in Commercial Law and Crisis Management throughout Africa. She was called to the English Bar in 2006 and the Ghanaian Bar in 2009. She worked in the Office of Ghana's Attorney-General for 42 months. During her time at the Attorney-General's office, one of the cases she worked on was a case involving Kosmos Oil Company and oil spill that occurred in 2010. She founded Clinton Consultancy firm which has offices in Ghana, Sierra-Leone Nigeria and Egypt.
In 2018, she was contracted by some clients of the defunct gold dealership firm, Menzgold to represent them in court as they fight to retrieve their monies from the company. Prior to that, she represented the Ghana Football Association to ensure that the institution was not legally grounded by the government and FIFA.
Ghana Football Association Presidential Elections[edit | edit source]
On 25 October 2019, Clinton contested in the presidential elections of the Ghana Football Association and lost.
References[edit | edit source]
- Welsing, Kobina. "I was nervous during GFA debate – Amanda Clinton | Starr Fm". Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "I'm ready to take Ghana football to next level - Amanda Clinton". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "GFA Presidential race: Amanda Clinton performs poorly again, gets zero vote". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- 122108447901948 (2019-09-22). "Meet Amanda Akuokor Clinton, the woman who wants to be Ghana's first female FA Prez". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "Clinton Retained For TCL, Gold Coast Securities Ponzi Cases". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- ""I'm ready to take Ghana football to the next level" - Amanda Clinton". ghananewsagency.org. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- Ghana, News. "Amanda Clinton grateful for Hearts of Oak support - News Ghana". News Ghana. Retrieved 2019-10-26. Unknown parameter
- "10 facts about GFA Presidential aspirant Amanda Clinton". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "Meet Amanda Akuokor Clinton, the woman who wants to be Ghana's first female FA Prez". My News Ghana. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "Menzgold clients hire former GFA lawyer Clinton to retrieve monies". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- Effah, K. (2018-12-10). "Angry Menzgold clients hire powerful GFA lawyer to retrieve their monies". Yen.com.gh - Ghana news. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "Menzgold Investors Hire Former GFA Lawyer, Amanda Clinton To Retrieve Locked Monies". Asembi.com. 2018-12-10. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "'Delegates want football people to manage football'- Amanda Clinton concedes". Citinewsroom - Comprehensive News in Ghana, Current Affairs, Business News , Headlines, Ghana Sports, Entertainment, Politics. 2019-10-25. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
|This article uses material from Amanda Akuokor Clinton on Wikipedia, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|