ACTION Nightrider is a bus service operating in Canberra, Australia every December since 1999, on Friday and Saturdays nights and New Years Eve with a $5 fee, usually at Platform 7 City. The service is not operated on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Day whenever those days fall on a Friday or a Saturday.
History[edit | edit source]
In 1999, the service was introduced. Until 2005, a Club Loop between the City, Kingston and Manuka was offered aside from the service.
In 2010, the ACT Government trialled a extension of the service, running from 3 December 2010 to 26 February 2011, covering the whole Summer season for that year. Deanes Transit Group operated the service throughout the trial at ACTION bus stations.
In 2013, in order to get more customers, the service had no fee. However in 2014, the usual $5 fee was reinstated after unpopularity.
In 2016, Über offered a deal for the service by getting a card from a ACTION bus station and redeeming it on the Über app to get $10 off fees for the service.
Current buses[edit | edit source]
- 970 rides through Gungahlin via Acton, Turner, O’Connor, Lyneham, Mitchell, Palmerston, Nicholls, Ngunnawal, Casey, Crace
- 971 rides through Gungahlin via Braddon, Ainslie, Dickson, Hackett, Downer, Watson, Harrison, Gungahlin, Amaroo, Bonner, Forde
- 972 rides through South Belconnen, Emu Ridge, Bruce
- 973 rides through North Belconnen, Emu Ridge, Bruce
- 974 rides through North Woden via Parkes, Barton, Kingston, Manuka, Griffith, Narrabundah
- 975 rides through Weston Creek via Chifley, Phillip, Pearce, Torrens, Mawson, Farrer, Isaacs, O’Malley
- 976 rides through Tuggeranong Town Centre via Kambah, Wanniassa, Erindale Centre, Monash, Oxley, Isabella Plains, Bonython, Greenway
- 977 rides through South Tuggeranong via Fadden, Macarthur, Gowrie, Gilmore, Chisholm, Richardson, Calwell, Theodore, Conder, Banks, Gordon
|This article uses material from ACTION Nightrider on Wikipedia, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|