Jump to navigation Jump to search
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||MNI Networks Ltd|
|Sponsor||Lubimal (MS) Ltd.|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Template:MSR|
|Actual use||Used by a number of sites, a few of which are in Montserrat|
|Structure||Registrations are available directly at second level|
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Microsoft has used this as an abbreviation with projects such as ch9.ms or 1drv.ms for its OneDrive.
- Websites based in, or having to do with, the U.S. state of Mississippi also use the .ms domain as MS is the official United States Postal Service abbreviation for the state.
- Some companies and organisations in the German town Münster in Westphalia use the TLD as well since MS is the official vehicle licence plate code for the city.
- The New York Times uses .ms as a top level domain name for permalinks referring to New York Times addresses. For example, http://nyti.ms/1kZ2CtM refers to a 16 June 2014 column by Joe Nocera. http://nyti.ms/ reaches The New York Times homepage.
- The .MS TLD is used by multiple sclerosis charity Shift.ms in both its brand name and for its domain name.
Second-level domain names[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- IANA .ms whois information
- .ms Registry operated by MNI Networks Limited
- Domain Registration Services
|This article uses material from .ms on Wikipedia, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (view authors).|